freetds - [freetds] freetds thread safe ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "BALTUS Jean" <jean.baltus AT africamuseum.be>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] freetds thread safe ?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:23:26 +0200

Hi all,

We are using freetds to connect to a MSQL database from a RedHat 8
machine.

We have also installed unixODBC with thread safetiness.

If we create several processes (through isql or tsql): freetds behaves
correctly.

However when using an external application that uses threads (either the
DataManager of unixODBC or Zope through egenix mxODBCZopeDA ), the
driver crashes and leads to a crash of the external application as well.

Could you please provide me information regarding :

- To what extend is freetds thread safe ? What are the
requirements (particular c compiler? MS SQL version ? other libraries
dependencies ?)

- How can we test thread safety of free tds? do you have a unit
test for this ?

- How can we get more information of what's going on when the
driver crashes (trace, debugging possible ?)

Thanks for your input, we are really clueless here,

-- Jean

This message has been scanned by ICT - Africa Museum

  • [freetds] freetds thread safe ?, BALTUS Jean, 07/29/2004