freetds - Re: [freetds] Fw: ASCII

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Fw: ASCII
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:54:38 -0400

> Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:40:42 +0200
> From: "David Jordy" <djordy AT reedbusiness.fr>
> I am using PHP - freeTDS - SQLSERVER 2000 configuration.
>
> My problem is, when i would like to insert or update from php form with
> a special ASCII character like '.', i got in my DataBase ' ?' inserted.

Please post a short, complete TDSDUMP log illustrating the problem.

Your mail refers to '.', which looks like ASCII 0x2E (46). That's about
as nonspecial as they come. I suspect the email system mangled your
message, and that you're talking about values in the range of [128-255].
Is that the case.

What are your client and server encodings (character sets)? What is the
"client charset" in freetds.conf?