freetds - Re: [freetds] memory leak for connect with db-lib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] memory leak for connect with db-lib
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:31:39 -0400

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, "ldai" <ldai AT accunettech.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:54:47 -0400, James K. Lowden wrote
> >
> > Please give dmalloc a try. It should help track down what's wrong.
>
> Thank you reply and suggestion.
> I downloaded dmalloc rpm and installed in linux9. I got result, which
> it
> occured memory leak in call dbstring_concat.Then I found Edward
> Quackenbush [EdwardQuackenbush at symantec.com Thu Jan 29 16:28:21 EST
> 2004 ]'s report in mailing list. He found memory leak during calling
> dbstring_free function and fixed it. I did the same fixed as Edward
> Quackenbush and tried again.I found the code has not occurred memory
> leak.

Thank you for your efforts, Leon. As you can see, that fix will be
included in 0.62.4 (as well as current CVS).

I'm sorry you had to repeat Edward Quackenbush's experience. The funny
thing is, I remember (at least) looking at that patch. I'm not sure why
it wasn't applied; I thought it had been.

Regards,