freetds - RE: [freetds] trailing spaces

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Michael Sims" <michaels AT crye-leike.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] trailing spaces
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 06:54:00 -0500

RCS Computers wrote:
> I have found several posts that talk about trailing spaces in output
> from the freetds driver. I am connecting to a sybase database with
> php
[...]
> Some things I have read suggest changing the DB structure. That is
> not an option.
[...]
> So, I would like to know if I can change the freetds in some way,
> either configuration or recompiliation, so that it mimics the Sybase
> ODBC driver and trims the data of spaces automatically?

Which PHP extension are you using with FreeTDS? Is it the mssql extension,
the sybase extension, or the sybase-ct extension? The latter two extensions
(and possibly all three, I'm not sure) used to trim trailing spaces but this
was changed around PHP 4.3.3 or so. This broke a lot of my stuff at the
time so I maintain a local patch to PHP to restore the old trimming
behavior. I'd be glad to explain more offlist if you think you can use
this.

HTH