freetds - RE: [freetds] php sybase asa 7 connection problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: RCS Computers <randy AT rcs-comp.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] php sybase asa 7 connection problem
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 13:15:10 -0500

Thank you!

I had actually read this somewhere but the link to the page was invalid. I *thought* I changed my config to make up for this, but after reading your post, realized I named my dataserver after the database SERVER instead of the name of the DATABASE. I changed it and all is well. Thank you again.

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm#FTN.AEN763

See the footnote. :-)

FreeTDS passes the dataserver name to the server. In the case of ASA, that name is important, because it indicates to the server which database to open. When you use "tsql -H", freetds.conf is not consulted, no dataserver/database name is gleaned or sent, and the server has no way to know (I suppose) which database to start.

HTH.

--jkl

Randy Syring
RCS Computers

"For by grace you have been saved through faith [in Jesus Christ]; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God"
Ephesians 2:8