freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.62.3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jeremiah McElroy <jeremiah AT facility9.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.62.3
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:11:06 -0400

The problem was fixed by changing Servername to Server. I used the ODBC configuration utility that ships with redhat (ODBCConfig) I don't know if it ships with any other distros. I should probably track their project down and submit a bug report.

The port (2433) that I use is simply arbitrarily chosen because of all of the scripting attacks we receive over the standard port.

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:

here is my odbc.ini:

[MSSQL]
Description = TDS MSSQL
Driver = TDS

Did you configure odbcinst.ini ?? Try using driver file name/

odbcinst.ini was configured correctly, I double checked the configuration against samples I found. I did, however, end up changing the Driver parameter to point to the actual driver file rather than use the ODBC driver alias.

Servername = www.facility9.com

Mmm... Server not Servername, servername refer to freetds.conf server.
Refer to user guide for more informations.

Changing Servername to Server fixed everything for me.