freetds - Re: [freetds] PHP and MSSQL API

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Casey Allen Shobe" <cshobe AT osss.net>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] PHP and MSSQL API
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 01:27:31 -0500 (EST)

edwardspl AT ita.org.mo said:
> If connect with MS-SQL ( without any sybase ), then would you suggest
> compile php with --with-sybase option ?

FreeTDS is a replacement for the client libraries provided by Sybase.

Microsoft SQL is a derivative product of Sybase, it was originally made by
Sybase. They use the exact same protocol (TDS), so the same client
libraries can be used.

You can use the actual sybase libraries, but they're a pain to acquire,
binary only, and I've never messed with them much.

I've used PHP extensively with FreeTDS and --with-sybase and know it to
work well.

I don't know anything about --with-mssql.

--
Casey Allen Shobe
Open Source Software Solutions