freetds - RE: [freetds] Unable to connect to MS SQL 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Polyanovskyi, Sasha" <sasha.polyanovskyi AT oa.com.au>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Unable to connect to MS SQL 2000
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:28:21 +1100

I believe you need to make sure that MS SQL server is doing "server
authentication" as opposed to "Windows NT authentication"... I have MS
Desktop Engine 2000, so I had to reinstall it with particular install flags,
but if you have the full version of the server, you can change the
authentication method within the MS SQL Enterprice Manager...