freetds - Re: [freetds] Invalid cursor state error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe AT osss.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Invalid cursor state error
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 14:55:53 -0500

James K. Lowden wrote:
Could you send a log file of a test case, please?

Not easily at this point, sorry. But a bit of guesswork fixed the problem, so do you still need it?

One working and one rejected insertion would be good.

They both looked identical - I saw the error about invalid cursor state regardless and the application acted like it was inserting with no errors, I simply noticed that the destination table didn't have any data in it. Turns out I was inserting a timestamp(6) without time zone value form postgresql into a datetime field in SQL Server, which can only handle a timestamp(0) without time zone. A cast in postgres corrected this. Usually SQL server will give me some error about trying to insert the wrong datatype and my script will die at that point.

So I guess it's a different bug entirely, but here's an example of what I was trying to insert into a datetime column: '2004-03-05 10:34:03.638996'

- Casey