freetds - Re: [freetds] Re: About the connection with php amd freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Aliet Santiesteban Sifontes <alietss AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Re: About the connection with php amd freetds
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:41:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi, edwardspl, I have built several rpms of php for RedHat 9, more, I did a
massive upgrade to RedHat 9, httpd-2.0.48. etc, you can find it here,
remember I built this rpms with my own httpd, mysql, etc rpms, so watch the
dependencies, I built a php-mssql rpm too, here the link...

http://php.cujae.edu.cu/downloads/rhaspack/RedHat9.0/rhaspack-1.1/

I hope this helps you
Regards Aliet
Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT axelero.hu> wrote:
On Mar 1, 2004, at 15:34, edwardspl AT ita.org.mo wrote:

> I'm going to rebuild the php from :
> ftp://updates.redhat.com/9/en/os/SRPMS/php-4.2.2-17.2.src.rpm
>
> But, I want to know how to modify *.spec ( rpm -i *.src.rpm ), then
> create php-mssql*.rpm ( working with freetds )...

The short answer is that you can't. Use of the mssql extension on
non-Windows platforms is exclusive to 4.3.x of PHP.

The longer answer is that back in the 4.2.x and earlier days you had to
use the sybase or sybase-ct extensions for mssql access with almost the
same end result. Still, I'd highly recommend going with the last stable
release of PHP.

--
fds