freetds - Re: [freetds] Instances where TDS_RETURNSTATUS_TOKEN is returned

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ryan Barber <rbarber AT dargal.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Instances where TDS_RETURNSTATUS_TOKEN is returned
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 06:43:10 -0800

This behavior has changed since .53, and is causing some problems for our
installation.

Oddly enuf, the only situation where this happens is when selecting from a
temporary table, and only when a where clause is used. Not a complex where
query either, eg:

SELECT * FROM #TEMPTABLE WHERE ID > 32;
vs.
SELECT * FROM #TEMPTABLE;

Granted, this is probably only a quirk with our version of MSSQL, but we
still need a way to suppress TDS_RETURNSTATUS_TOKEN being returned as a
result set to DBD::Sybase.

I've commented out line 645 of tds/token.c, where tds_process_result_tokens
returns TDS_SUCCEED. This fixed the problem in our case, but I can't have
special versions of a library sitting around for someone to 'upgrade'..

Am I barking up the wrong tree, should I be trying to bring DBD::Sybase up to
date with the freetds?

-Ryan

Ryan,

Its the token representing a stored procedure return status.
Even though you might not have knowingly executed a stored procedure, either FreeTDS or the server may do so on your behalf
Bill