freetds - [freetds] TEXT/NTEXT header format question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "David Eastman" <deastman AT email.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] TEXT/NTEXT header format question
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:37:40 -0500

I’ve got a question I’m hoping someone here can help me with… I’m
trying to parse TDS packets, and I’m having problems with TEXT/NTEXT
columns. From the TDS source I’ve determined that bytes 25-28 of the
column header are the length of the data, starting at byte 29.
However, in certain queries, I’m finding that this length is off by a
few bytes, which of course not only corrupts my column data, but
means that I’m not picking up the next column correctly. I don’t see
anything in the TDS source to deal with this, and I’ve confirmed from
some network captures that it is simply a case of the length bytes
mentioned above not matching the actual text length, so obviously
there must be some kind of offset or other information I’m missing.
Does anyone have a clue? Is there a more up-to-date version of the
protocol document that describes the column header for text columns?
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm