freetds - RE: [freetds] Error building freetds-0.62.1 on SunOS 5.6 etc.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jens R. Victorin" <jens.xr.victorin AT ericsson.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Error building freetds-0.62.1 on SunOS 5.6 etc.
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:47:47 +0100

Frediano Ziglio suggested that maybe "make clean" cleans to much and
indeed it does... When I unpacked the source once more in an empty dir
make and make install all pass cleanly.

In order to give you the complete tdsdump file without changes I changed
my password to only 6 chars and all of a sudden everything worked. When
I changed back to my original pwd it stopped working. There must be a
problem with the code handling pwd length.

/Jens

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 19:00, Lowden, James K wrote:
> Maybe "make clean" doesn't make clean enough? Does starting over in a new
> directory help?
>

> Could you post a TDSDUMP log of the failed login? (Take care to remove any
> passwords from it, but don't remove so much that we can't tell what
> happened.)
>
> The fact that you got message 4002 from the server tells us you found the
> server and connected to it. The failure could be caused by not using TDS
> 5.0 or by not providing a good username+password. I'm pretty sure 0.62.1
> was tested with ASE 12.5, so it's expected to work. I'm not positive it
> was tested with a big-endian client, but that's pretty far down my list of
> possible causes.

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the
sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without
disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption,
unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive
e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption,
interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.