freetds - Re: [freetds] list policy change

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] list policy change
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:35:37 -0600

At 10:24 PM -0500 1/28/04, James K. Lowden wrote:
>I have set the list to accept message only from subscribers.
>Nonsubscribers' messages will be rejected.

Sounds reasonable and prudent to me. Note that the virus harvests
e-mail addresses from files on the local disks of the infected
machine, so if the list address and the addresses of some list
subscribers both occur somewhere together (such as in your fine
documentation) we could easily end up with virus-laden messages to
the list that appear to be from list members and vice versa. This
has already happened on some other lists. The fact that relatively
few folks are likely to have the FreeTDS documentation on the drives
of Win32 machines means we may dodge that bullet. Just a heads up
that your solution may only be a partial one.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."
Brad Leithauser