freetds - RE: [freetds] Outstanding changes

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Outstanding changes
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:19:54 -0500

Freddy, please feel free to go ahead with this. I don't expect to have time
in the 10 days, and I'd be glad to see it fixed.

> 2- avoid tds.h dependency in public headers

This is a very big job. We need four definitions for every constant:

1. TDS_ for libtds
2. DB_ for db-lib
3. C[ST]_ for ct_lib (also BLK_)
4. SQL_ for odbc

Perhaps we can use autoconf to convert e.g. sybdb.h.in to sybdb.h, generating
with sed(1) or something all the library-specific names.

Also, there are still db-lib-isms in tds.h.

I think it would be OK to have a tds_public.h included in the public API
header files, but a lot of what's in tds.h is not needed by applications. By
limiting the symbols in the public header files, we'll improve
version-to-version consistency while libtds evolves.

the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Please note that we do not accept account orders and/or instructions
by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders
and/or instructions.
If you, as an intended recipient of this commercial e-mail or advertisement,
would not like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender,
please "reply" to the sender indicating your wishes.
In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10105

  • [freetds] Outstanding changes, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 01/27/2004
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: [freetds] Outstanding changes, Lowden, James K, 01/27/2004