freetds - Re: [freetds] RE: freeTDS unixODBC...Which one isn't working

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] RE: freeTDS unixODBC...Which one isn't working
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:17:32 -0500

On Mon, 29 Dec, "Daughterson, Adam [EPM/BOU/MMI]"
<Adam.Daughterson1 AT EmersonProcess.com> wrote:
> It's not good you reply to a message digest...
> <Was this better?>
> <AD>

I think all Frediano meant was that you didn't quote judiciously. It's
better to trim what you're quoting to just enough to remind the reader
what's being discussed and what you're specifically replying to. No harm
done. :-)

Speaking for myself on that point, I know that I sometimes get confused
about who has what problem and what system and what objective. Even on a
relatively low volume list like this one, I can be hard to keep everything
straight over days of parallel threads, particularly as these discussions
are interleaved with real life offline events.

Concision and focus are at odds with completeness. Maybe that's the
cosmic challenge of email. Or, even, communication generally.

+++

> # tsql -S usbou1-scallog -U
> esp_it locale is "C"
> charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
> Password:
> Msg 5703, Level 0, State 1, Server USBOU1-SCALLOG, Line 0
> Changed language setting to us_english.
> 1>

That's good, it shows you have a valid account on usbou1-scallog.

> Here's what my /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini looks like
> [esp_ms_sql]
> Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

Something is not right. Did you install FreeTDS in

/usr/local
or
/usr/local/freetds

? Unless you used the --prefix option, the FreeTDS libraries are in
/usr/local/lib, and your odbc.ini should be changed to reflect that.

I'm curious, what does "ldd `command -v isql` " show?