freetds - Re: [freetds] freeTDS unixODBC...Which one isn't working

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freeTDS unixODBC...Which one isn't working
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 01:54:14 -0500

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, "Daughterson, Adam [EPM/BOU/MMI]"
<Adam.Daughterson1 AT EmersonProcess.com> wrote:
> I apologise in advance for my inexperience in a mail list. This is my
> first experience with this type of support.

Welcome, Adam.

> I configured/compiled unixODBC first, then configured/compiled freeTDS
> with:./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds(I've tried this using the
> default/usr/local) --with-unixodbc --with-tdsver=8.0(I've also tried
> 7.0) Make && make install
> adaughterson@USBOU1-DHDLINUX:~$ isql -v esp_ms_sql esp_it
> working_password[IM004][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle
> on SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Turn on TDSDUMPCONFIG and have a look at the log. Probably, your odbc.ini
is misconfigured; pay careful attention to the Server/Servername entries.

If you are using a recent snapshot, the User Guide included with it has a
new explanation about setting up the ODBC configuration files. As it's me
who wrote them, I have an interest in whether or not you find them
helpful.

HTH.