freetds - [freetds] SQSH2.1 compiles, but hangs & quits @ logon

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ron Creamer" <ron AT pageworks.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] SQSH2.1 compiles, but hangs & quits @ logon
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:16:59 -0500

After compiling SQSH 2.1, and trying to run it with -H -U and -P parameters, it immediately displays the copyright notice, then hangs for 20 seconds and returns me to the shell prompt.

tsql, given the same parameters, runs fine.

I'm running the latest Fedora Core w/ all the updates. Downloaded the latest snapshot of freetds last night. Configured with:
--prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --enable-msdblib --with-tdsver=7.0

$SYBASE= /usr

SQSH2.1 configured with:
--prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --with-readline

I applied a patch credited to Gentoo to the src/config.h file after my I ran configure:

-----------------
60c60
< /* #undef HAVE_STRERROR */
---

>> #define HAVE_STRERROR 1

62,67c62,67
< /* #undef HAVE_STRFTIME */
< /* #undef HAVE_MEMCPY */
< /* #undef HAVE_MEMMOVE */
< /* #undef HAVE_LOCALTIME */
< /* #undef HAVE_TIMELOCAL */
< /* #undef HAVE_STRCHR */
---

>> #define HAVE_STRFTIME 1
>> #define HAVE_MEMCPY 1
>> #define HAVE_MEMMOVE 1
>> #define HAVE_LOCALTIME 1
>> #define HAVE_TIMELOCAL 1
>> #define HAVE_STRCHR 1

69c69
< /* #undef HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY */
---

>> #define HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY 1

SQSH compiles and installs fine, it just won't run.

I went back and took the latest release version of freetds (from August), and I get the same result.

Has anybody seen this before? Any clues? Thanks.

-Ron