freetds - [freetds] login issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Popeanga Marian <pmarian AT cnlo.ro>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] login issue
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:43:43 +0200

Hello guys,

I am having problems with the connecttion.

I installed the latest freeTds on linux and i am trying to connect on Sql Server 2000 running on Win2003. The connection works from windows eighter by using Windows autentification or Sql Server username/password
In the freetds.conf file i modified the tds version:

[global]
# TDS protocol version
tds version = 8

Here is the message i get.

> tsql -H pbobei -p 1604 -U pbobei
locale is "C"
locale charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
Password:
Msg 20004, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Read from SQL server failed.
Msg 20014, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Login incorrect.
There was a problem connecting to the server

I don't know very much about Sql Server and i am stuck with this issue.

what can i do to solve the problem ?

/marian