freetds - RE: [freetds] Bill's patch submitted

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Bill's patch submitted
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:13:05 +0100

> Hi all,
>
> I've finally submitted my patch.
>
> This contains a number of features.
>
> 1) reworked ct-lib results processing. Hopefully the "empty
> result set" problem is in the past now.
>
> 2) The basics of server side cursors. All the wire stuff is
> implemented for TDS 5.0 , 7.0 and 8.0
> The ct-library functions necessary to use cursors are
> implemented, and a test program is available.
> I've left undone all the issues surrounding our handling
> of multiple results metadata, as I consider it needs more thought.
> In any meaningful sense, the cursor functionality is
> useless until we sort this out, but I wanted to commit what I
> had so far.
>
> 3) started work on moving bcp out of dblibrary
>
> 4) some other small patches including ct_con_props CS_SERVERNAME
>

> Any questions - I may be around from time to time this weekend.
>
> Bill

I Bill!
Very big patch !!!

I'm revising some of it (I avoided ctlib/dblib code)
- tds_alloc_cursor contain a buffer overflow calling strcpy, allocate
namelen/querylen + 1 or use memcpy instead of strcpy
- some functions in query.c should call tds_to_quering to avoid reuse
- why you not send data (tds_flush_packet) within some tds_cursor_*
functions ? You should also test result of tds_flush_packet
- some more tests fail (tds/flags, ctlib/rpc_ct_param,
ctlib/rpc_ct_setparam)