freetds - Re: [freetds] Question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Question
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:28:54 -0500

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, "Richard Shariff" <richard AT shariff.com> wrote:
> I need to write a C++ progam that allows the sybase isql.exe program to
> connect to it and send it sql commands such as "select getdate()". The
> program would respond in a way that isql.exe would think it's a sybase
> server 12.0. The reason for this is that I have legacy scripts that use
> isql.exe to communicate with a sybase server. I have to intercept the
> commands that they send and send the reply that they expect from the
> sybase server.
>
> Will freeTDS allow me to do this?

I second Bill's advice, but if you want to emulate a Sybase server, see
the src/server and src/pool in the FreeTDS source distribution. You might
have to enhance them somewhat, but they are server-side hosts for TDS
clients.

These are in C, not C++. I don't know of a C++ Sybase server emulator.

HTH. Let us know if you need more.