freetds - RE: [freetds] Multiple Active Statements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Multiple Active Statements
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:23:42 +0200

> please read this:
>
> Hi there,
> Unfortunately multiple active statements
> is an ODBC driver
> facility and not under the control of unixODBC.
> UnixODBC will allow
> multiple active connections only if the underlying
> ODBC driver supports
> them. In the case of freetds I am not sure that SQL
> server itself allows
> multiple active statement per connection. This is a
> question you would
> have to ask the freetds team.
>
> Regards
>
> Jimmy Haddock
> Support Consultant
> Easysoft Ltd

SQL Server do NOT allow multiple active statement per connection.
If you want to use multiple active statements using a single connection
you can simulate it using cursors; however cursors are not still
supported... Bill Thompson is working on them so I think cursors will be
the main new feature of 0.63 (yes, I know, we are still working on 0.62
:) )...