freetds - [freetds] Having to make queries 2x to receive results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Will Saxon" <WillS AT housing.ufl.edu>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Having to make queries 2x to receive results
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:08:19 -0400

I am using FreeTDS 0.61 on FreeBSD 4.8 and 5.1 to connect to an MS SQL 2000
server.

I have noticed that often with even simple select statements I have to run
the query two times to get results. Perl scripts will need to be run twice,
and using sqsh will show nothing after the first 'go' command while the same
select and 'go' immediately after will succeed. This does not appear to
affect any particular table.

I know I have tried specifying TDS version 8 and the default 4.2 in the
freetds.conf file.

I feel like this must be a configuration problem on my part, either on the
server or within freetds somehow. What should I look for?

-Will

  • [freetds] Having to make queries 2x to receive results, Will Saxon, 09/02/2003