freetds - Re: [freetds] Re: Producing mssql.so

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mario.Tschursch AT ic3s.de
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Re: Producing mssql.so
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:31:55 +0200

this is much simpler,

just compile freetds ... the resulting libs are
"drop in replacements" for db and ctlib which are needed
for the php_mssql module

so u can configure php with --with-mssql=<path to your freetds
installation>

now it depends how u compile php ... if u compile with
dynamic extensions the make-process will create a
php_mssql.so (or .dll on windows) which contains the
php functions to access mssql Databases

u can find php_mssql.so in "ext/mssql" under php-source dir
after the make process

just look at the php related freeTDS-docs and replace (in mind)
"sybase" with "mssql"

compiled php + mssql-module with freeTDS on Solaris and
Linux (RedHat 8) and it works great (even blobs and multiple
resultsets)

Mario Tschursch
Entwickler

IC3S Information, Computer und Solartechnik AG
Postfach 1128, 25442 Quickborn, Germany

Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
Sent by: freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
31.07.2003 19:12
Please respond to
FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>

Richard Soderberg <richard.soderberg AT kib.ki.se>
cc
freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 03:10:39PM +0200, Richard Soderberg wrote:

> >You must compile FreeTDS first, and then compile the mssql extension
> >*that's in the PHP source tree*, pointing it to the FreeTDS libs. This
> >is the DSO named mssql.so

> I found a similar hint in the php docs:

> ./libtool --mode=link gcc -L/usr/path/to/freetdsl/lib -lsybdb -I.
> -I/usr/src/php-devel -DEAPI -g -02 -o php_mssql.la -avoid-version
> -module -rpath /usr/src/php-devel/ext/mssql/modules php_mssql.lo

> After some localisation/tweaking I managed to get this to run (sort
> of...) but the finished "product" (mssql.so) did not load when php
> started, php complained that it did not look lika a php library

> The source for the mssql extension sits in /tmp/php-4.1.2/ext/mssql/
> The freeTDS libs live in /usr/local/freedts/lib/

> What would a correct libtool command like the above look like?

Can you point me to the PHP docs in question? I don't believe there is
*any* libtool command that it would be correct to run by hand here.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer