freetds - [freetds] New to list and to freeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Chris Hettinger" <chettinger AT encompas.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] New to list and to freeTDS
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:39:36 -0500

Hello, I'm new to this list and just as new to FreeTDS. I am begining a
project that will require me to communicate between my web site application
sitting on a Linux MDK9.1 / Apache / PHP server to a MS SQL 2000 database. I
am learning that to make this work I may need more than PHP out of the box,
and have been recommended FreeTDS by another developer.

I am familiar but not extremely comfortable with Linux, so my path is pretty
blurry at this point. If a brave soul out there could help me to get on the
right path I would surely appreciate it.

I have downloaded the most recent nightly snapshot (7/31/03) and have read
mush of the early parts of the User's guide.

-Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, may
contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed. Any review, dissemination, or copying of
this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
by reply email, delete and destroy all copies of the original message.'

  • [freetds] New to list and to freeTDS, Chris Hettinger, 07/31/2003