freetds - Re: [freetds] dbmorecmds works

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT bluewin.ch>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dbmorecmds works
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:50:35 -0000

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 08:25, James K. Lowden wrote:
> On 30 Jul 2003 08:06:59 +0200, Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT bluewin.ch>
> wrote:
> >
> > You *could* just do sp_help all by itself - or "sp_help sysusers", as
> > the sysusers table is guaranteed to exist in all the databases and all
> > the versions of Sybase and MS-SQL.
>
> Fair enough. Can I lean on you for a suggestion, Michael?
>
> dbmorecmds() needs a unit test that returns more than one result set,
> consistently. I'd rather not install a stored procedure, because that
> requires privileges. I'd like to find a system stored procedure that 1)
> returns more than one result set and 2) returns exactly the same sets for
> all versions from both vendors. Any suggestions?

I don't really know - you could of course not run a stored proc, but
instead two queries in one batch (i.e. select from sysusers select from
sysobjects). I also don't have access to MS-SQL servers, and only to ASE
12.5.x right now, so I can't verify that any stored proc is really doing
the same thing on all the versions.

I'll take a little time to look through Sybase's system procs to see if
there is one that I think is unchanged since "forever".

Michael