freetds - RE: [freetds] tdspool: Segmentation fault on connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Carlos S. Alonso de Linaje" <calonso AT i-network.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] tdspool: Segmentation fault on connect
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:24:48 +0200

Temporary solution!!!

The problem is in lines 68,69 at src/tds/tdsstring.c

free() does'nt works!!! (pointer problem)

Comment both lines if you have Segmentation fault and recompile
Right now is working but with a memory problem....
Any solution?
Any patch?

Regards.

At 04:16 PM 7/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:

> [...]

Withdrawn, my error. I was able to connect, once $U was right!:

$ tdspool mypool 2>pool.err >pool.log &
[7] 8368
LowdenJK@ntc5003$ tsql -Smypool -U$U -P$P
locale is "C"
using default charset "ISO-8859-1"
1> select @@version
2> go

Microsoft SQL Server 7.00 - 7.00.1077 (Intel X86)
Sep 6 2002 15:10:15
Copyright (c) 1988-2002 Microsoft Corporation
Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 4.0 (Build 1381: Service Pack 6)
1>

Just make sure you're using TDS version 4.2. And that your credentials are
all lower case.

Carlos S. Alonso de Linaje García
Director Técnico
I-network
C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
28010 Madrid
Tel: +34. 91.702.17.57
"Si buscas resultados distintos, no hagas lo mismo" (Albert Einstein)

---