freetds - [freetds] Connecting MSSQL Server from Red Hat linux + PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Venkatraman M Srinivasan" <mlmsrini AT lycos.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Connecting MSSQL Server from Red Hat linux + PHP
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:28:20 -0400

Hi

This is regarding connection MSSQL SERVER database from windows 2000 server
which is there in a different domain from my web which is running on
PHP4.1+APACHE_1.3.27+MYSQL+RED HAT Linux.
This is the first time i 've come across this situation. I just got the
information from the PHP documentation about using freeTDS for this purpose.

For this freeTDS installation i was going thru the freeTSD documentation and
from some user contribution details in the php site. Some mentioned about
configuring with sybase libraries and some said with mssql. It was bit
confusing me which one to use.

Could anyone help for install and configuring freeTDS in my linux
server.Once it's done how to test it whether the MSSQL server database
connectivity is working ok.

I am totally struck on this.I need this help very urgently.

thanks in advance.

svan