freetds - RE: [freetds] BCP performance

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Cooperman, Marc (Exchange)" <MCooperman AT bear.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] BCP performance
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:08:48 -0400

I've confirmed a slow bcp w/ released freetds 0.61.

I have not been able to build a snapshot of 0.62 due to problems with
'iconv' - I think I am seeing others with prolems there.

This is an ASCII file containing data going into Datetime, Int and Float(24)
table columns.

time src/apps/freebcp ategexdb.dbo.TICKMIN in tickagg.txt -c -b 1000
-Uauthid -Ppassword -Smyserver

gives me

2291 rows copied.
42.76u 1.68s 1:14.39 59.7%

It's slower than molasses in January ;)

If someone wants to try and replicate it I could send you a table definition
and a sample data file. Just speak up.

-Marc