freetds - [freetds] Compiling on FreeBSD without ICONV

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Alan Pettigrew" <freetds AT pettigrew.fsnet.co.uk>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Compiling on FreeBSD without ICONV
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:43:43 +0100

I have downloaded 2 recent snapshots, 1 last week, 1 today, and I cannot
compile the system.

The struct iconv_t is not defined, so tdsiconv.h and others fall over.

HAVE_ICONV is NOT defined, though there is an iconv.h in the
/usr/include/sys directory.

I am using
FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE #0 i386

I haven't worked out whether the configure is looking in the wrong place for
iconv.h and it really should be HAVE_ICONV, or the definition of iconv_t
(which I haven't found) is under the wrong #ifdef.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan