freetds - RE: [freetds] 0.61 tsql core dump, locale = "C C C C C C"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Cooperstock, Dan" <dan.cooperstock AT hepcoe.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] 0.61 tsql core dump, locale = "C C C C C C"
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:31:41 -0400

Actually, I'm compiling with the HP-UX C compiler, cc. Is that a problem?

As you may recall, I can't configure the last nightly snapshot I downloaded.
Its output ends with:

finding the maximum length of command line arguments... ./ltconfig[790]:
There is not enough memory available now.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
I don't believe we ever figured out how to work around that.

In 0.61, there was no CFLAGS set in the master Makefile at all (in the
freetds-0.61 directory). However, in the src subdirectory, I see:
CFLAGS = -g
When I force it to recompile some stuff, it definitely uses -g.

When I do the gdb thing you suggested on /usr/local/lib/libtds.sl.2.0, it
can't find the dumpfile symbol. (N.B. you gave the file name as .so, whereas
mine is .sl - is that relevant in any way?)

I'm sure it's the same for you, but this is getting very frustrating.

Dan Cooperstock, Senior Technical Consultant, HEPCOE Credit Union
dcoops AT hepcoe.com 416-597-5055