freetds - [freetds] dbresults

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Arnar Birgisson" <ArnarB AT oddi.is>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] dbresults
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:01:31 +0000

Hello there..

I'm running a stored procedure on mssql server 2000 through php. The
stored procedure returns (in all cases) four result sets. Now.. I use
php's mssql_next_result, which in turn calls dbresults in the normal
way, to process each result set. The problem is that when one result
set, say the second one, contains no rows, mssql_next_result goes
straight to result set #3. I suspect that this is not normal behaviour,
correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't stepped through the code yet, but a quick look indicates that
php's mssql_next_result is correct, at least according to ms
documentation on db-lib.

Have any of you heard of this before?

Arnar

  • [freetds] dbresults, Arnar Birgisson, 05/22/2003