freetds - RE: [freetds] detecting iconv names

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] detecting iconv names
  • Date: 02 May 2003 20:45:32 +0200

Il ven, 2003-05-02 alle 20:19, Lowden, James K ha scritto:
> [...]

I'm thinking about it.
My first intention was to check inside configure. However anyone can
decide to use another iconv library instead (using
--with-libiconv-prefix parameter). Using iconv command we use probably
system iconv, not linked one...
Perhaps some code inside AC_TRY_RUN ?? Or a program compiled (how to
compile from configure in a portable way?) and launched by configure if
non-GNU iconv is detected ??
My Linux iconv (GNU) detect ISO8859-1 while Max OS X iconv (GNU) not...