freetds - Re: [freetds] [Fwd: Re: Connecting perl to MS SQL on Tru64 Unix use freetds]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gordon Ross <ross AT fas.harvard.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [Fwd: Re: Connecting perl to MS SQL on Tru64 Unix use freetds]
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:00:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi Steve,

> My guess, actually, is that there's a 64/32-bit problem with
> Apache, since having libraries for both 32-bit and 64-bit calls loaded
> into the same memory space is a tricky problem. In that case, making
> sure everything is built in 64-bit mode should also fix the segfaults.
> I don't use mod_perl though, so I'd have a hard time testing this
> hypothesis on Linux or otherwise.

I thought about this over the weekend and remembered that the
Oracle 9i client has the same problem with its DBD: the fix is to use
the (supplied but not default) 32 bit library modules. (The default
on 64 bit platforms for Oracle client is 64 bit libriaries.) The same
thing appears to be the case for Tru64 and the dbd-sybase/freetds
build.

Testing, so far, with the 32 bit libraries has been flawless for
version 0.60.

-- Gord