freetds - [freetds] Release 0.61, rc1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Release 0.61, rc1
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:59:26 -0500

All (and especially Freddy),

0.61rc1 was branched in CVS tonight, and a tarball posted on ibiblio at
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/current/freetds-0.61rc1.tgz
You will also find in that directory the relase announcement, attached.

[And there was much rejoicing.]

I did not send messages to the usual suspects for two reasons. First, atm
I can't access our website to update the news and links. Second, it gives
Steve and Freddy a change to put together their packages. When I can
update the website, I'll send the announcement to:

freshmeat
comp.os.linux.announce
comp.databases.sybase
comp.databases.ms-sqlserver
linuxpr.com

I think it would be nice, but not a requirement, if the two recent Perl
interactions could be resolved. If no one wants to fix them in the next
few days, we can just update TODO and/or BUGS.

There's some seriously good work in 0.61, many important improvements.
There is much to be proud of, and your names live on in the change log:

$ perl -n'
exit if /^Wed Sep 11/;
next unless /\@/;
@a = split; $who{@a[-1]}++;
END
{
foreach (sort keys %who) {
printf "%-30s\t$who{$_}\n", qq/$_:/ if /\@/;
}
}' ChangeLog |sort -rn -k2
<freddy77 AT angelfire.com>: 332
<Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>: 213
<camber AT ais.org>: 59
<jklowden AT schemamania.org>: 57
<quozl AT us.netrek.org>: 24
<vorlon AT netexpress.net>: 13
<pkleef AT openlinksw.com>: 6
<mark AT lilback.com>: 4
<vklimk AT yahoo.com>: 3
<brothert AT mzv.net>: 3
<laishev AT mail.dls.net>: 2
Magnus.Ahl AT infogate.se: 1
<pwillia6 AT csc.com.au>: 1
<ihermit2 AT yahoo.com>: 1

It figures. Brian outdoes me, even in retirement.

I'm looking forward to 0.62, too. Bill promises a revamped ct-lib; Steve
wants to zap locale.conf; Frediano continues to pound away on ODBC. I'm
going to move the website into CVS, add doxygen output to the nightly
build process, and plow the compile farm. Unless I miss my guess, FreeTDS
0.62 will work with Star Office and run on VMS, albeit not at the same
time.