freetds - [freetds] Problem compiling DBD::Sybase + FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Josh Berkus <josh AT agliodbs.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Problem compiling DBD::Sybase + FreeTDS
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 11:29:00 -0800

Folks,

I've actually been using freeTDS for a while, but just recently joined the
mailing list because this is the first time I've had a problem! The
programmers have done a great job and I'm really grateful for this very, very
useful library.

Now, my problem:

I preivously was using FreeTDS 0.53 + DBD::Sybase for Perl 5.6.1 on a SuSE
7.3
system. I'm now re-building that application server on Red Hat 8.0, and am
having a problem getting FreeTDS + Sybase to work.

I received a number of "missing library" errors when I configured
DBD::Sybase,
but the FreeTDS docs said that this is normal. I also saw a cycle of errors
on make, though, but proceeded anyway. However, when I try to execute a
test perl script, I get:

perl: relocation error:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so:

undefined symbol: cs_ctx_global

This error is similar to the ones I saw during make. Is anyone familiar
with
this? Is it caused by RedHat supplying the "multi-threaded" version of Perl
with 8.0? If so, does anyone have a clue how to get RH to revert to
"regular" perl?

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions