freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS + iODBC + DBD::ODBC weirdness

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andrew Stanley <astanley AT cs.uml.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS + iODBC + DBD::ODBC weirdness
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:27:46 -0500 (EST)

I have a problem getting FreeTDS + iODBC to play nicely together. I have
installed FreeTDS 0.60 sucessfully, with tsql connecting sucessfully to my
SQL Server 2k instance.

I cannot use DBD::Sybase because I already run sybase -- and I don't have
the time to play with the XS code inside of DBD::Sybase to refer to a
different namespace.

So, anyways, I get, through odbctest and perl:

/etc/edi/bin/perl -MDBI -e 'DBI->connect()'
DBI->connect(htrio) failed: [iODBC][Driver Manager]Driver does not support
this function (SQL-IM001)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1) at -e line 1

My SYBASE, DBI_DSN, DBI_USER, DBI_PASS are all set up properly (and
DBI->connect() picks up that information correctly). Removing
DBI_USER/DBI_PASS give me the same error.

I know that my freetds.conf is most likely correct (since, using tsql -S
htrio works without problems), and I did compile FreeTDS --with-iodbc.

I'm running HP/UX 10.2, and my odbc.ini looks like:

; odbc.ini

[ODBC Data Sources]
htrio = FreeTDS ODBC driver

[htrio]
Driver = /home/ediusers/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.sl
Description = FreeTDS ODBC driver
Trace = No
Servername = n2dev
Database = beta
UID = beta
PWD = beta

(names changed to protect the innocent, of course)

libtdsodbc.sl exports SQLConnect (which is the function that [I assume]
iODBC is calling.) iODBC is stripped of it's symbols, which makes
debugging painful), which leads me to believe that FreeTDS is behaving
properly [but iODBC is playing unfair], but, I'm not quite sure how the
iODBC <-> FreeTDS interaction works....

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Andrew Stanley
http://www.cs.uml.edu/~astanley/

  • [freetds] FreeTDS + iODBC + DBD::ODBC weirdness, Andrew Stanley, 12/31/2002