freetds - [freetds] The latest odbc driver of freetds can't work on solaris SPARC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ou Liu" <ou AT qbt.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] The latest odbc driver of freetds can't work on solaris SPARC
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:24:49 -0500

Hi, everyone

I compiled the freetds on solaris 8 SPARC, and it works fine. However
its
odbc driver doesn't work

I compiled the connect.c in the $FREETDSHOME/src/odbc/unittests by

"make connect"

then I run it and got :

SQLConnect connect...
odbctest
--------

connection parameters:
server:..
user:..
password:..
database:..

Bus Error (core dumped)

This bus error (memory misalignment) is caused by the code in the
"SQLConnect" function of "odbc.c" :

------
connect_info = tds_alloc_connect(dbc->henv->tds_ctx->locale);
------

In fact, even if I wrote following code, there still will be a bus
error at
the last line:

------
struct _henv *henv;
TDSCONTEXT *tdscontext;

henv = dbc->henv;
tdscontext = henv->tds_ctx;
------

however, if I wrote following code, there will be no bus error:

------
henv = (struct _henv*) malloc(sizeof(struct _henv));
tdscontext = henv->tds_ctx;
------

So I thought somehow the dbc (which is a paramter of the "SQLConnect"
function) is wrong when it is sent in,
however the only place this dbc is initialized is in the "_SQLAllocConnect",
but I can't find any problem in it.

Could anybody help me out of this?

Thank you
Ou

  • [freetds] The latest odbc driver of freetds can't work on solaris SPARC, Ou Liu, 12/05/2002