freetds - Re: [freetds] php 4.3RC2 + freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tom Sillence <tom.sillence AT enfocast.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] php 4.3RC2 + freetds
  • Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 18:23:30 +0000

Lowden, James K wrote:

simpsons:/home/toms/php-4.3.0RC2 # apachectl start
Syntax error on line 8 of /etc/httpd/suse_loadmodule.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so:
undefined symbol: DBSETLUSER

^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe you need to recompile apache? Somehow, you're picking up the wrong
include file.

As of 0.60, FreeTDS does not export DBSETLUSER; it exports only lowercase
symbols. If apache is compiled with FreeTDS's current sybdb.h, it won't
define DBSETLUSER except as a macro.

Grist for the FAQ, methinks.

HTH.

--jkl

Thanks for the advice, which got me thinking along the right lines even though it was PHP that was confused about headers, not apache. (Apache is not interested in sybdb.h directly, as it loads php as a dynamic module.)

My problem is that I didn't change my ./configure line for php when freetds started installing itself to /usr/local not /usr/local/freetds. I guess it was getting the .so from one place and the .h from the other.

I doubt even the FAQ can save me from my own stupidity.

---Tom Sillence