freetds - [freetds] libtds use

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] libtds use
  • Date: 23 Nov 2002 17:01:00 +0100

I don't understand why some libraries read directly from socket... IMHO
this is just an old method and should be avoided. I think that
tds_process_default_tokens and tds_process_end should be static. Also a
function to help skipping some data (like run_query in tds tests) should
be helpful. Problem spotted by Bill is quite important for libtds
improvement (I should wake up my mind on it :) ).

Also we should close connection if we detect invalid token, not try to
continue. Do anyone agree with this last change?

I think we can remove computeid function parameter from
tds_process_row_tokens (available in curr_resinfo).