freetds - tdsdump.out debug stream file

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jerry Grooms <grooms AT uky.edu>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: tdsdump.out debug stream file
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:39:32 -0500 (EST)

After upgrading to the 0.60 development FTDS code-base, I noticed
the file tdsdump.out being created after a database session (a dump
file of the database session). If that was being created previously
with an official release, I never noticed it.

It is of some mild concern as the captured session contains the
database account & password.

I've looked thru the mailing archives, but didn't see mention of
this (I am on the list only as of yesterday). I looked thru the
User's Guide and conf file for a config tunable - I see "dump file"
(currently commented out), but that appears to be a different dump
file.

Is this a side-effect of debugging turned on in the development
version? I looked in the code where the dump is toggled on/off, but
the off appears currently commented out.

It's easy enough to re-compile and turn it off, but I thought some
might be surprised that this file was being created and not notice
it. If I have erred in this conclusion, please excuse me.

Jerry