freetds - Re: ld.so.1: ns-httpd: fatal: relocation error:libsybdb.so.1: symbol g_tds_err_handler: referenced symbol not found

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ld.so.1: ns-httpd: fatal: relocation error:libsybdb.so.1: symbol g_tds_err_handler: referenced symbol not found
  • Date: 01 Nov 2002 11:33:13 -0800

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 10:46, mbagepll AT memphis.edu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a newbie and am trying to install freetds-0.53 on solaris 8 with
> iPlanet 6v for mssql connectivity with php. As inticated in the freetds
> docs, I have compiled freetds with the options -
>
> ./configure --with-freetds=7.0 --prefix=/opt/local/web/freetds
>
> also, i have compiled the php with the option -
>
> --with-sybase=/opt/local/web/freetds
>

> when I restart the iPlanet web server I get the following error:
>
> Configuration initialization failed: Error running init function
> load-modules: dlopen of /opt/local/iplanet/server6-web/bin/libphp4.so
> failed (ld.so.1: ns-httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
> /opt/local/web/freetds/lib/libsybdb.so.1: symbol g_tds_err_handler:
> referenced symbol not found

This usually means that libtds.so doesn't get loaded when libsybdb.so
gets loaded. Normally libtds.so gets loaded automatically, but this may
not work correctly with the iPlanet web server.

You may be able to fix this by adding -ltds to the libraries that php
links with when building the Sybase extension/support.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler / mpeppler AT peppler.org / http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
mpeppler AT zetatools.com / ZetaTools, Inc / http://www.zetatools.com

  • Re: ld.so.1: ns-httpd: fatal: relocation error:libsybdb.so.1: symbol g_tds_err_handler: referenced symbol not found, Michael Peppler, 11/01/2002