freetds - Re: sybperl 2.15 again

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: sybperl 2.15 again
  • Date: 29 Oct 2002 21:05:18 +0100

> If client-side cursors are ever implemented, I think it would be to support
> ODBC first. Then if someone cared to, there might be enough infrastructure
> to bring them to the other APIs.

I don't understand ... why don't we implement it in libtds and then use?

> > prepare.t tests for ct_dynamic() and friends (i.e. prepared statements
> > with ?-style placeholders). FreeTDS doesn't support that yet.
>
> In the wings. Frediano is working on that, not alone. If he meets with
> success this fall, I'd expect placeholders to appear in the next release of
> FreeTDS.

Yes, although some lack of time...

> > Tests 20-22 test async calls (dbpoll() and friends). Won't work with
> > FreeTDS. No biggee.
>
> Not on our radar AFAIK.

I think this require work for full multi-threading... Sometime I think
about the subject (not very difficult, just serialize and do lock/checks
on status change)

> > > t/money.............Msg 5701, Level 10, State 2
> > > Server 'episun7',
> > > Changed database context to 'ged'.
> > >
> > > FAILED tests 2, 4-7, 9-13
> > > Failed 10/13 tests, 23.08% okay
> >
> > Again - uses the UseMoney attribute to return CS_MONEY datatypes in
> > native format and the dbmnyXXX() routines to perform
> > arithmetic on these
> > values. I guess that the dbmnyXXX() routines haven't been implemented
> > yet.
>
> Quite true, no dbmny* support in FreeTDS. Don't know why. That is, I think
> we have the requisite logic in libtds.

Some time ago I see these api in ctlib... very simpler to implement...