freetds - RE: Non portable code

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Non portable code
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:55:36 -0400

Er, yeah, presumably.

> If Windows has vsnprintf(), then you don't need to do
> anything. The current
> version in CVS already uses this method if possible. Just
> update from CVS
> and start from there with your Windows portability changes.

For the record, Microsoft ships:

int _vsnprintf( char *buffer, size_t count, const char *format, va_list
argptr );

Not a few ANSI-standard functions have an underscore prepended to them in
Microsoft's implementation. I've never seen their rationale.

> If you base your
> changes on 0.60 it will probably be close to impossible to
> integrate any of it.

I probably should add a warning to check the CVS log before contemplating
changing the code, and a suggestion to synch with CVS before submitting
patches. Time was that 100 new lines was an active month. These days, with
three guys hacking full time (AFAICT), the base is moving much faster.

--jkl