freetds - RE freetds performance James K. Lowden

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Max" <max_mail2002 AT mail.ru>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE freetds performance James K. Lowden
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:40:57 -0400

Hello

Telnet works perfectly!
May be tds works slowly because sql server and the web server are located
in
different networks. But I don't think this is the cause, because these
networks are routed perfectly with a cisco router and the speed is
100mb/s.
May be there are some settings to be changed in freetds.conf or somewhere
else?
I wonder if I correctly installed freetds and php, here is the configure
string:

FOR TDS:
#./configure --with-tdsver=7.0 --enable-msdblib --enable-bmfix
--with-gnu-ld
--enable-shared --enable-static
#make
#make install

FOR PHP: ./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs=/www/bin/apxs
--with-sybase-ct=/usr/local/freetds
#make
#make install

And i did not change any settings.
I also read that there is a some kind of patch for php but i didn't find
it.
(Well I read about freetds on
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/alberto20000919.php3 and used
instructions
from that article. All instructions exept the patch. Do you know if there
is
a need of applying any patch to php?)

Thanks for you help,
Max.