freetds - RE: freetds performance

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: freetds performance
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:55:33 +0200

> I'v got FreeBSD+Apache1.3.26+PHP4.2.3+FreeTDS0.6
> I can make queries to ms sql server 7.0 but it takes ages to
> connect to
> the server! Does anyone know what to do to speed up the connection?

Which connection type do you use? Domain user or sql user?
Try to add an entry to /etc/hosts for the machine, perhaps is only a problem
with name resolution. Is also FreeBSD machine in DNS (or simply, can you
ping the freetds machine from sql one?)

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."