freetds - RE: Another ODBC command..

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ross Simpson <mqsimpson AT aol.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Another ODBC command..
  • Date: 30 Sep 2002 17:19:06 -0600

Hello..

I asked the below question a couple of weeks ago. Didn't get any answers,
and I'm hoping that someone sees it now who didn't then, and maybe has an
idea.
I don't mean to spam the group :)

Thanks in advance for help,
Ross

Talking to the developer who wrote the application I'm trying to use
with FreeTDS, he said the reason he used SQLExtendedFetch was to be able
to get a subset of the returned recordset -- i.e., get the first 10
results, process them, then get the next 10, process those, etc. etc.

My question is, are cursors necessary for this purpose? The application
will never ask for results out of order, or ask for a previous result --
it just wants to process the records in batches instead of all at once.

Is there another function that would work here?