freetds - Re: null handling

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: null handling
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:06:33 -0400

Freddy,

The problem is row buffering. you may store many rows in the row buffer
and expect there null values to reflect that row as you traverse through
them. This applies only to dblib, and perhaps row buffering in dblib
needs to take on this responsibility in order to keep libtds as clean as
possible. Any of you dblib folks working on row buffering? I think Craig
did the orignal implementation.

row buffering is also broken for blob types for the same reason.

Brian