freetds - beginner: unicode error, coulnt exec query

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Haany Boyke" <bhaany AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: beginner: unicode error, coulnt exec query
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:44:38 -0400

hi,
i am trying to use freetds so i can acces my ms-sql
server database from my php in linux. I already
installed everything, and it seems the connection is
working. But when i try to run a query on it, it
displays the warning sign:
Warning: Sybase error: Unicode data in a Unicode-only
collation or ntext data cannot be sent to clients
using DB-Library (such as ISQL) or ODBC version 3.7 or
earlier. (severity 16) in
/home/haany/public_html/admin/dbmssql.php on line 13

Warning: 0 is not a Sybase result index in
/home/haany/public_html/admin/dbmssql.php on line 14

the tds version is 0.60
my apache version is apache_1.3.26.tar.gz
and my php version is php-4.2.3.tar.gz...
the mssql that i tried to connect to is ms-sql 7.0
please help...:)

thanks..

boyke