freetds - Re: g__numeric_bytes_per_precison

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: g__numeric_bytes_per_precison
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 11:52:31 -0400

Aah,

it occurs to that this may be why Jim's "conversion status" report (using
convert_acid) reports that numeric conversions are broken for TDS 5.0 ?

does that make sense ?

I remember someone raising the (quite valid) objection that you could call
dbconvert etc. when not logged in to a database and that therefore my
method of allocating g__numeric_bytes_per_precision on receipt of the
login ack was flawed. perhaps we should reinstate the dynamic
initialisation of this array, but also keep the defaulted values for this
eventuality.

BTW, I think I have found a way to resolve the "long long" controversy for
money values, allowing us to revert to the definition of TDS_MONEY as two
4 byte integers. I'll keep you posted once I have finished testing...

Bill